Cranberry Apple Pie

Oh man! Life is hectic lately, therefore; I have not been able to post any updates! I have a few that I am going to try to get in her inbetween the new dog needing to go out, my babysitting job, my own children being home (no school today because of deer hunting season starting!), and various other life time consuming things!!

I am going to post each Thanksgiving item in a new post.

The Menu:

Cranberry Apple Pie



The Original Recipe:
I have no idea where I got this recipe, but it is SUPER good that even the "older generation" members of the family enjoy it!

Cranberry Apple Pie

Ingredients
6 Apples
1 (16 ounce) can Whole cranberry sauce
1/2 cup Packed brown sugar
1/3 cup All-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
1 Recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie


Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a pie plate with pastry. Peel, core, and slice the apples.
Combine apples and cranberry sauce in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg; add to the apple mixture. Mix thoroughly. Turn filling into the pastry lined pan. Cover with top crust. Crimp edges. Cut slits in top crust. Bake for 1 hour, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling bubbly.



Comments