Tex-Mex Lasagna

I have been wanting to make this for some time now! Tonight was the perfect night! It turned out so good! MMMM! Who doesn't love a lasagna style burrito? :op


The Menu:
Tex-Mex Lasagna



The Original Recipe:
I found this on Taste of Home Light and Tasty Recipes. I would recommend using an 11x8 pan. My noodles weren't long enough for the 13x9 pan. I don't think I would change anything to this recipe! I will stick with the original one, and I will make this again! Yep, it was that good!



Tex Mex Lasagna

Ingredients
1 pound Lean ground beef
1 can (16 ounces) refried black beans
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup Frozen corn, thawed
1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1 Envelope taco seasoning
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
2-1/2 cups Salsa
12 No-cook lasagna noodles
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterrey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
1 Medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
4 Green onions, thinly sliced


Preparation
In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, corn, jalapeno, taco seasoning and 3/4 cup tomato sauce.
Combine salsa and remaining tomato sauce. Spread 1/4 cup into a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with four noodles (noodles will overlap slightly), half of the meat sauce, 1 cup salsa mixture, 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles, salsa mixture and cheeses.
Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with sour cream, avocado and onions

Comments

Sarah said…
Sounds yummy!!! I make something VERY similar. The only difference is we use soft taco shells instead of noodles. I'll have to try it this way sometime. :)