Pumpkin Bars

It's that time of year again to break out the pumpkin. My husband was clearing out old emails from last year, and he found an email from me asking that he go to the store and buy some cream cheese and powdered sugar for Pumpkin Bars that I want to make. Ironically, it is on the list for me to make this week, as it was last year! So today, the kids and I made them!


The Menu:
Pumpkin Bars
(I have no clue where that missing piece went!?!)




The Original Recipe:
I don't know where I got this from. I make pumpkin rolls, and this is close to that, but you don't roll it.


Pumpkin Bars
Ingredients

Pumpkin batter:
2c. Flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
2 tsp Cinnamon
4 Eggs
16oz Canned pumpkin
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1 c Oil

Frosting:
6 oz Cream cheese softened
1/2 c Butter softened
2 c Powdered sugar
1 t Vanilla


Preparation
sift together dry ingredients for pumpkin batter
mix moist ingredients
combine
grease a 15x9x1 pan
bake 350 for 30 minutes or until fork come out clean
while baking, mix frosting ingredients together.place in refrigerator until pumpkin cake is done and cool. apply on top.

Comments