Cheese Macaroni and Ham Casserole

I made this for a friend of ours who just had a baby. I hope her family liked it! I forgot to take a picture of it, though. I will add one once I make it for us again. Of course, they probably wouldn't of like their food plastered on the internet, so maybe its a good thing I didn't. It is a total comfort food, though, so that is why I made this for them.


The Menu:
Cheese Macaroni and Ham Casserole


The Original Recipe:
You know where this came from. Do I even have to say it? I don't make any changes to this other than omitting the bread crumbs sometimes. I have also added french fried onions on top instead. Either way, it's still a definite comfort food!

Cheese Macaroni and Ham Cassarole

Ingredients
1 lb.Ham cubed
1 Large onion chopped fine
1 lb. Elbow macaroni
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup Fat free sour cream
1 can Fat free cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup Light butter melted
1 Cub dry plain bread crumbs

Preparation
Oven preheat 400 degrees
Bring 4 quarts water and ham to a boil in large pot. Once water boils remove ham to plate. Return water to boil and add onion and macaroni cooking for 8 minutes, drain and return to pot.
In same pot add ham, cheese, sour cream and soup.
Scrape into 13x9 casserole dish. pour melted butter on top and add bread crumbs.
bake for 30 minutes until heated through, uncovered.

Comments