Chili

I call this the Best Kid Approved Chili because, as my son puts it, "all the green and white stuff disappears!" I had my 6-year-old help me make supper tonight. It is in his cubscout handbook that he has to do certain "family" activites and this happened to fit the bill, hence, his amazement to the disappearing "yucky" vegetables...


The Menu:
The Best Kid Approved Chili
(pardon the half eaten pot!)



The Original Recipe:
This is my own simple chili that the kids ate!! Woohoo! The vegetebles are finely ground so that they "disappear" as they cook.



The Best Kid Approved Chili

1lb. ground meat

2 cloves garlic

1 small green pepper

1 small onion

1 1/2 tsp. chili powder (reserve 1/2 tsp)

1/2 tsp. cumin

1 can chili beans (or kidney beans)

32 oz. jar tomatoes, pureed (I used my canned tomatoes from this summer!)



brown ground meat on stove, adding in 1 tsp. chili powder and 1/2 tsp. cumin. meanwhile, in blender add garlic, onion and green pepper. Blend until you see small bits, but not pureed. Add to meat in skillet. Saute for 3 minutes. Add in tomatoes and beans; add 1/2 tsp chili powder. Cook on medium heat until thick and bubbley and heated through. Serve.

Comments

Sarah said…
ooh, this sounds yummy....I think we'll be trying this one next week! :)