Cheesey Broccoli Soup

MMMM! This stuff is my FAVORITE!


The Menu:
Cheesey Broccoli Soup



The Original Recipe:
I do believe this came from... you know where! Babycenter, once again!


Cheesey Broccoli Soup

Ingredients
1/2 cup Butter
1 Onion finely chopped
1 1/2 Celery stalks finely chopped (or 1.2 tsp. celery seed)
1- 16 oz Frozen baby broccoli florettes
3 Chicken bullion cubes
4 cups Water
1 lb. Velveeta (cubed)
2 cups Milk
1 tsp. Garlic powder
Fresh ground pepper

Thickening agent:
2/3 cup Cornstarch
1 cup Water


Preparation
Add butter, bullion cubes, water, onions, celery and broccoli. Bring to a boil and cover and cook until broccoli is tender.
meanwhile , in seperate bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water together until blended
after broccoli is done add cheese, milk, garlic, and pepper, and cornstarch mixture. Cook on low until all cheese is melted and then turn on high until just bubbly and soup thickens.. Stir and serve.
Cook's Notes
* I have also added 1/2 cup colby and monterey jack cheese for a richer cheese flavor.



The Way I Made it My Own:
I believe the above recipe has some of my own adaptations all ready, but I did more tonight while making it! This soup is great to get some extra veggies in it! I added in carrots tonight


Cheesey Broccoli Soup


Ingredients
1/2 cup Butter
1 Onion finely chopped
1 1/2 Celery stalks finely chopped (or 1.2 tsp. celery seed)
1- 16 oz Frozen baby broccoli florettes
3 Chicken bullion cubes
4 cups Water
1 lb. Velveeta (cubed)
2 cups Milk
1 tsp. Garlic powder
Fresh ground pepper

2 tbls. flour

Extra vegetable of choice-I have used carrot and spinach before

Preparation
In blender, blend together onion, celery, and your "extra vegetable of choice". Add butter, onions, celery and extra veggies. Add flour to make a rue. Add Milk, water and chicken bullion and broccoli. Bring to a boil and cover and cook until broccoli is tender.
When broccoli is tender add cheese, garlic, and pepper. Cook on low until all cheese is melted .. Stir and serve.

Cook's Notes
* I have also added 1/2 cup colby and monterey jack cheese for a richer cheese flavor.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love this recipe and it is delicious! I have made it several times. I love your foodie blog.

Your bbc friend
jennattc2008