Caramel Dip for Apples

One of my middle boys has cubscouts tonight. All the boys will be at our house so I said I would do snacks. I made home made caramel dip for apples. I pray the kids like it!


The Menu:Caramel Dip

The Original Recipe:I found this on the internet. I don't recall what site. I think I just googled it one day. This is my first time making this and I think it tastes all right. I think that 3 tbls. of cornstartch is way to much. It has sort of a grainy effect to it. I would try using only 2 tbl.s next time. I really hope the kids like it!
*** I edited the recipe since I made it again and only used 1 tbs. cornstartch and it was great!

Home Made Caramel Apple Dip

Ingredients
1 1/4 cup Brown sugar
1 tablespoons Cornstarch
1 can Evaporated milk (12 oz.)
1/4 cup Light corn syrup
2 Tbls. butter
1 tsp. Vanilla extract

Preparation
In a heavy saucepan, mix the sugar, cornstarch, and about 1/4 cup of the milk together. Add the remaining milk and corn syrup. Cook until bubbly then cook and stir for two more minutes until soft ball stage on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat and add the butter and extract. let cool

Comments