Caramel Coated Spiced Nuts

I tried a new recipe today from Taste of Home. They are pretty good. Dh loves them! I guess I am not a big nut fan. Well, I love my dh, but maybe that is about as nutty as it gets for me! :oP





The Menu:
Caramel Coated Spiced Nuts





The Original Recipe:
Taste Of Home-Carol Sankovic
The only change I made was that I bought a mixed nut in a can instead of just the 3 different nuts.



Caramel-Coated Spiced Nuts

2 egg whites

1 tsp. water

1 1/2 cups roasted salted almonds

1 1/2 cups pecan halves

1 cup whole salted cashews

1 cup packed brown sugar

3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1 tsp. white pepper



In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites and water until foamy. Add all the nuts; stir gently to coat. Combine brown sugar, pie spice, and pepper; at to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.

Spread into a greased 15 in.x 10 in. baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring everyon 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yields 5 cups.

Comments