Apple Pumkin Muffins

I attempted to bake. I love to cook, but baking isn't something I am all that good at, so here ya go!

The Menu:
Apple Pumpkin Muffins


The Original Recipe:
Apparently these were found on allrecipes via Taste of Home. I just made the apple pumpkin muffins and I put them on for 30 minutes (to begin with), and they had 5 minutes left, and it smelled like I had something starting to really be done.. I checked it and they were totally done.. so with my oven it was only 25 minutes to bake. I would keep an eye on them. I had 2 pans in there, too. Everyone Loved them, but I do want to change them. The Way I Made It My Own recipe follows...


Apple Pumpkin Muffins


2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
STREUSEL:
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 teaspoons cold butter or margarine


DIRECTIONS
1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.


The Way I Made It My Own:
This recipe seriously needs changed up. There is to much sugar, and I want to add whole wheat flour to it. I am making adjustments here to how I would make it. It was good the original way, but to much is to much.


Apple Pumpkin Muffins

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cups sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
1/2 cup canola oil
2 cups finely chopped peeled apples


Topping:

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup flour

3 tablespoons rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 teaspoons cold butter or margarine


DIRECTIONS
1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

Comments