Quick Meatloaf

Wow! It is August all ready! Where did the year go? I want a quick yummy meal tonight, and what better than to make some quick meatloaf with instant mashed taters and frozen corn! We went away for the weekend, so I don't have a ton of food in the house, and tonight starts VBS for us and the kids. I want to be able to have a good meal before we go!
I have a TON of recipes for meatloaf though, but I will save those for when I make them to post. Mmmmm... meatloaf... Ok, onto the recipe!


The Menu:
Quick Meatloaf
Instant Mashed 'Taters
Corn


My Own Recipe:
Ok, so this was given to me by someone a long time ago; my ex-mil. How I remember these things I will never know? This is the fastest way to make a delicious meatloaf!
Quick Meatloaf

Ingredients
2lb. Ground meat
1/3 cup Ketchup
1 cup Unseasoned breadcrumbs (or whole wheat)
1 pkg. Onion soup mix
1 large egg


Topping:
2 Tbls. ketchup

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients, except for topping ketchup, in large bowl. Place mixture in 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and add topping.
Bake for 1 hour, uncovered.

Cook's Notes
*For a healthier meatloaf, you ,may also use 3/4 cup wheat germ with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs to substitute 1 cup of breadcrumbs.

Side Dish:
Everyone knows how to read the box and make instant mashed potatoes, but I add a few extra ingredients to ours!

Instant Mashed 'Taters

1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbls. butter
3/4 cup milk
2 1/3 cup water
2 cups potatoes flakes
2 tsp. powdered chicken bullion (or 2 cubes)
1/2 tsp. thyme

prepare as per directions on the box, and add in the chicken bullion while boiling the water. Add the thyme while mixing in potatoe buds.

Comments