Grandma Mack's Breakfast Casserole

I haven't posted because our computer is on the fritz, but never fear, I am here! I decided to try a new recipe out yesterday that I never had before, and it was AWESOME!! My oldest ds, myself, and my husband ate almost the whole pan by ourselves! It really hit the spot. We had breakfast for supper!


The Menu:
Breakfast Casserole

The Original Recipe:
I found this recipe on this CFYF recipe board. It is also found on Babycenter Bullitain boards, Cooking for your family.

Grandma Mack’s Breakfast Casserole
Tina~momto2cuties

Ingredients:

1 Tube Refrigerated Crescent Rolls (8 Oz)
2 Cups Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage Cooked and Crumbled
6 Eggs (beaten)
½ Cup Milk
Salt & Pepper
2 Cups Frozen Hash brown Potatoes (thawed)
1 ½ Cups Shredded Cheddar or Monterrey Jack Cheese

1: Arrange Crescent rolls on the bottom of a 13x9 in baking dish, pressing together at seams to seal. Place cooked meat on top of the crescent rolls. Beat the eggs and milk and set aside. Layer the hash browns over the meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Pour egg mixture over the hash brown. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 375* for 30 minutes

The Way I Made it My Own:
I added a few things, and I think it made it much better than it would have been. I also didn't bake it as long.


Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:

1 Tube Refrigerated Crescent Rolls (8 Oz)
1 pkg. (the roll) Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage, Sage, Cooked and Crumbled
6 Eggs (beaten)
½ Cup Milk
Salt & Pepper
2 Cups Frozen Hash brown Potatoes (thawed)
1 ½ Cups Monterrey Jack Cheese
1/4 cup red or green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, chopped

Preheat 375
Cook and crumble sausage, onions and bell pepper, set aside.
Arrange crescent rolls into bottom of 13x9 pan, pressing seams together to form crust.
Beat the eggs and milk in separate bowl and set aside.
Place sausage mixture on top of crescent roll; layer the hash browns over the meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the hash brown. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 375* for 30 minutes


The Final Product:
YYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
You know, we had this for breakfast this morning as leftovers...
Man, you could seriously sell this in a restaurant. It is that good!

Comments