Apple Butter

MMMM!! My husband has recently had surgery (brain surgery to remove a tumor), and his work sent him a fruit basket. Well, those apples have been sitting there for about 3 weeks now. I have decided it is time to make some home made apple butter.
Yes, I am Miss Suzy Homemaker. :o)


The Original Recipe:
I got this recipe off of Baby Center bulletin boards. I love to check out their recipes. I only had 7 apples, so I cut the recipe in half, and I place everything into the crock pot... this is the only way I made it my own today. It is rare that I follow directions!!

Apple Butter
katiedid

12 medium Granny Smith or other cooking apples, peeled and cut into fourths
1 ½ c packed brown sugar
½ c apple juice
1 T cinnamon
1 T lemon juice
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cloves
Mix all ingredients in 5 to 6 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until apples are very tender. Mash apples with potato masher or large fork. Cook uncovered on Low heat setting 1 to 2 hours stirring occasionally, until mixture is very thick. Cool about 2 hours. Spoon apple butter into containers. Cover and store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Yield: 4 cups


The Final Product:
This recipe is super simple, and it tastes DELICIOUS!!! You can't ask more out of a crockpot, in my opinion! What could be easier than placing all the ingredients in the pot and letting it sit all day.. Your house smells like baked apple pie!! The final product tastes like Amazing Apple Butter!

Comments