Refrigerated Cucumbers

The Menu:
Refrigerated Cucumber

I was going to make supper tonight when we were invited down to my dad's to eat. So, I am posting this a day late, but I did make something yesterday to share! Our garden is producing tons of cucumbers. I want to can bread and butter pickles, but until then, I wanted something to do with at least one of them. I talked to my step mom and this is what I got.

The Original Recipes:
Brought to you by my step mom...

Cucumber Slaw (this makes 1 small bowl)

Ingredients:
1 cucumber
1 small onion sliced or chopped (I used purple onion)
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup Mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. celery seed (optional)


Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate. Eat chilled.


Cucumbers in Sour Cream

Ingredients:
1cup Fat free sour cream
1t. Sugar
1/4cup Cider vinegar
1/4 cup Chopped fresh dill
1/4 tsp. White pepper
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Celery seed
3 Large cucumbers peeled and thinly sliced
1 Sm. onion thinly sliced into rings

Preparation:
In a large bowl combine sour cream, sugar, vinegar, dill, pepper,salt ,and celery seed. Blend well.
Add cucumbers and onions toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hrs. before serving.

Cook's Notes
*if mixture is a little thick for your taste, slowly add a little more vinegar. No more than 1T. or it will be too runny.
* Substitute 2 tsp. dill weed for 1/4 cup fresh dill weed

Comments